Code of Ethics
Recognizing that the lodging profession also involves responsibilities the Nebraska Hotel & Lodging Association adopts this code of ethics.
Whereas Innkeeping is a time honored profession and whereas Innkeeping offers employment at all levels from management to starting positions, and whereas Innkeeping is a major industry within the economic force of our state and country, now, therefore, we recognize and accept our duties and responsibilities to the public we serve.
FOR OUR CUSTOMERS WE WILL STRIVE FOR:
- Honesty and integrity in pricing and performance of all sales and services.
- “Commitment of Excellence” standards of operation and hospitality.
- Provide an environment of health, welfare and safety for our guests and employees.
- Conformity to our policy of non-discrimination in all endeavors.
FOR OUR INDUSTRY WE WILL STRIVE TO:
- Be informed and involved.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct.
- Uphold all laws and regulation in our endeavors.
- Foster education and research.
- Promote a positive image of the industry.
- Promote education progress and dignity of the lodging profession thereby better serving the public.
FOR OUR COMMUNITY WE WILL STRIVE TO:
- Gain and maintain respect by working toward excellence in all aspects of management.
- Maintain acceptance by being a major force in the heartbeat of the community.
- Help the community to appreciate the role of the lodging industry to the economy of the nation.
- Support and encourage the free enterprise system.
FOR OUR ASSOCIATION WE WILL STRIVE TO:
- Work with fellow members through cooperation and action to achieve common goals.
- Foster and maintain public understanding of the role of NH&LA.
- Pursue NH & LA objectives over and above individual gain.
- Be loyal to our Association by complying with articles, by laws and regulation as adopted.
THIS CODE IS ADOPTED TO PROMOTE, MAINTAIN AND INSURE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF SERVICE AND PERSONAL CONDUCT POSSIBLE AMONG OUR MEMBERS.
Adopted June 20, 2003